Monday, March 9, 2015

Land Surveying Spells Adventure

Surveying is one of the best careers you can get into. I started surveying with my dad when I was only 13 years old and boy at that time I didnt realize the many adventures and situations I would get into. I started out in residential and commercial surveying which I loved, but I always longed for more adventure. What better way to get into an adventure then oilfield surveying. And make no mistake when I say adventure I mean it. Ive seen so many exciting things as a oilfield surveyor. Traveling is a great part of the job. Getting to see different places is awesome. I've been to Pennsylvania, Mississippi, New Jersey, Maryland, Louisiana, New Mexico, and all over the great state of Texas. As a matter of fact I met my wife when I was working on a pipeline down in south Texas.
 Now for the good stuff, I've literally almost stepped on rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, and copperheads. I,ve been chased and tree'd by hogs. I've been in bayous getting topo shots and gators have popped up right next to me curiously just watching my every move. And yet all of this is still better than sitting in an office working a boring 9 to 5 job. There is no better place than being in the great outdoors, seeing new place and playing with the wildlife. You dont need to spend money for an adventure just become a surveyor, trust me if you like working outdoors this is the job for you. Do you need a degree to become a surveyor NO,just look up the nearest surveying company and go apply as a rodman. You to can have the adventure of a lifetime.

 Below are some pics I thought you all might enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment